Saturday, December 23, 2023

THOUGHTS FOR THE NEW YEAR -- AND BEYOND

 

     
    My name is Simplicity,
guide, guardian, angelic
companion, lost in a shop
of cast-off tools, linens, photos
and cut glass knobs, where I languished
beneath crocheted doilies,
choking on dust and mouse.
 
Not a simple nor straightforward end
for me, the Angel of Simple Things.
For I am a sign of truth and clarity,
 nurturing joy in the good
and the basic. No frills.  No excess.
I harvest the wheat and banish
the chaff to the winds.
 
She found me there on the floor.
A kindred spirit in search of what
I could teach -- sharing wisdom,
 echoing the past, telling stories 
and dreams. I sit on her desk,
 aside books and cats and
whisper that simple truth.
 
Find your true self.
Be that true self.
Let the confusion go.


 

No comments: