Sunday, May 19, 2013
This blog entry comes from a course I'm taking right now through the New Hampshire Writers Project. Mary Carroll Moore teaches about the structure of books: "How to Plan, Write and Develop a Book"
She's just the right teacher with just the right content at just the right time for me. Her latest assignment: Design your book cover.
She got me thinking as well: What keeps me writing!
1. Writing groups and supportive friends ~
generous, witty, intelligence.
2. Making time for me and writing.
3. My wonderful "field office" ~ the writing shed.
4. Reading ~ A lifetime of reading.
Love of the Story!
6. I love this big, big world ~ with all its contradictions.
7. Children. Young people. Anyone under 25
8. My love of the natural world ~ wilderness.
9. My beliefs in social justice for all.
10. Writing with others ~ anywhere, any age and in any language.
11. Teachers and programs from elementary school to now.
Sometimes the teacher, always the student.
Endless, boundless, fearless curiosity.
So, what do you think? Favorite cover? Not yet? Stay tuned for more.
Posted by gretchen at 9:00 AM